www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov / pubmed

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Thu Aug 19 12:56:33 UTC 2010

I agree with this idea. Sorta like when a browser is presented with an
invalid SSL cert by a website. It could be that you put in example.com
when the cert is for www.example.com or in the case of a self-signed
cert, as long as I am not giving them sensitive data, I, the user, can
accept or deny the invalid cert. And we have the choice(at least in
Firefox) to accept that invalid cert forever or just for the current
session with that site.

I agree that this would be a useful feature. Maybe an add-on 'zone' file
where we enumerate the broken domains we want to accept with an
expiration date, not to exceed x numbers of days. That way we don't add
a domain and mistype the expiration date or forget we created an
exception for it.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.