"Unable Create Account for the Service" on Windows 2008

Gary Gladney gladney at stsci.edu
Wed Aug 11 19:32:47 UTC 2010

Are you using a domain admin account or local admin account?  If you using a domain admin account the system you are doing the install on has be part of the windows domain that you are adding the account to.  If it's a local account then the problem maybe with SAM file for that system.  A service account is like any other user account, typically the password does not expire and depending on what the account needs to access is what groups its a member of.

Gary

Gary Gladney
Network Mgr
Space Telescope Science Institute