named errors

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Tue Aug 10 16:37:42 UTC 2010

Yeah, it could be 213.198.65.226, or anything in the path between you
and that device.

But, the better question to ask is: why is this client forming a TCP
connection in the first place? Is it one of your slave nameservers
performing a zone transfer? Is it because you have responses that are
larger than 512 bytes and this is triggering TCP retries because either
a) the clients don't support EDNS0, b) something in the path is
erroneously not passing EDNS0 or c) EDNS0 is supported end-to-end, but
something in the network path doesn't support IP fragmentation and thus
the EDNS0 packets aren't getting through?

             - Kevin