Script-kiddie / client <IP> query (cache) '<host>/MX/IN' denied

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Tue Aug 3 19:21:59 UTC 2010

Blackhole isn't better IMHO because I found in the past that they still try your server ad nauseum even though they're blocked - blocking at iptables is doing it at kernel level before BIND.   However it does work and is certainly one way to do it especially on systems that don't have their own firewall.  Also blackhole only affects DNS traffic - iptables will let you drop all packets from the source site if you want.