new webserver ip

Hauke Lampe lampe at hauke-lampe.de
Tue Aug 3 12:28:44 UTC 2010

Dwayne Hottinger wrote:

> I made the entry for the new website's ip (174.143.193.47).   But when
> I do a dig, it still comes back with 204.111.40.10.

>From what I can see here, your ns1 returns SERVFAIL, while your ns2 still serves an old zone with SOA serial 2009111201.

I'd suggest you look for errors in the logfiles at ns1 or test your zone file with "named-checkzone".

Apparently, your new zone file contained some errors and BIND did not load it. The secondary nameserver continues to serve the old zone content until it expires 28 days after the last refresh.

Hauke.