9.7.1-P1 ISC error 54

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Aug 2 03:56:31 UTC 2010

On 8/1/2010 1:22 PM, Jukka Pakkanen wrote:
> Lately have seen in our 9.7.1-P1 server following errors:
>
> SOCKET_RECV: Windows error code: 1236, returning ISC error 54
>
> And this warning:
>
> *** POKED TIMER ***
>
> Browsing the net told that this is/was a a common problem to even
> earlier Bind 9.x.x versions, but couldn't find any explanation or fix
> for it?
>
> Jukka

I put in a fix for this problem. Cancels that were being signaled were
not being properly recognized on Windows. The error is actually fairly
innocuous but it does fill up the log. The newer versions of BIND are
much more aggressive in canceling requests that are not getting
will get into 9.7.2 since it is a one-line fix but I don't control the
releases so I don't know.

Danny