INSIST failed in memcluster.c with message "memcluster.c:436: INSIST(stats[size].gets != 0U) failed."

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Apr 29 23:40:50 UTC 2010

In message <u2ofb9cdf8a1004291137w82350f99r676219e48737472 at mail.gmail.com>, Alm
ond d writes:
> Hi,
>
> When I am using multi-threaded application, sometimes I get
> message "memcluster.c:436: INSIST(stats[size].gets != 0U) failed." in bind9.

memcluster.c is part of libbind.  It's not really part of BIND 9 and
is now a seperate project.

I would take this to the developers of the multi-threaded application
for primary debugging.  If they find a bug in libbind and not their
use of libbind then they should report a bug to ISC.

I also agree with Alan you should upgrade from BIND 9.3.1.  BIND 9.3.x
is past end-of-life and is no longer supported by ISC.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org