INSIST failed in memcluster.c with message "memcluster.c:436: INSIST(stats[size].gets != 0U) failed."

Almond d almond.d123 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 18:37:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

When I am using multi-threaded application, sometimes I get
message "memcluster.c:436: INSIST(stats[size].gets != 0U) failed." in bind9.
I am using bind-9.3.1.
I have searched a lot on this but didn't get any pointer to the solution of
this problem. I also see that same issue was discussed some years ago under
following link:
https://lists.isc.org/mailman/htdig/bind-users/2006-August/063615.html. And
there it is mentioned that this issue is seen when double memput() or the
wrong size has been passed to the memput() function of bind resolver at some
point, but didn't get the solution there too.
Can anybody please tell me what is the solution to this problem?