[ga] Re: Resolving .gov w/dnssec

Joe Baptista baptista at publicroot.org
Fri Apr 23 15:22:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Fair trade is necessary trade. Unnecessary tradeoffs are lame.

I agree. It is a tradeoff and not fair trade.

> These problems are not necessary -- except that they are within the given
> framework of lack of motivation to do better.  It comes down to this, if we
> set our standards outside of competitive models there is no incentive to do
> better.  ICANN, the Dnssec and this SAIC are working within government
> sanctioned slobbery, both intellectual and economic slobbery.  I used to
> think it was snobbery, now I know it is a laziness born of shovel leaning
> bureaucrats. You may be kind and call it "make work" but would you call
> intentional fraud "make work"? Buggy whips and Railroad fireman is what this
> is.

Again I agree. DNSSEC is a snow job by committee.  SAIC is a joke.  "I" root
server in Beijing is still down. Where is SAIC on that.

> The plan I am putting together for the inculsives will generate some new
> fire under the pants of these obstructionists and they will find that a
> better mousetrap can be built.

Thank you - I and my TLD holders thank you.

regards
joe baptista

Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.
 Office: +1 (360) 526-6077 (extension 052)
    Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Personal: http://baptista.cynikal.net/