Intermittent failures resolving .org domains in BIND 9.7.0 with DLV enabled

Roy Badami roy at gnomon.org.uk
Thu Apr 15 22:20:43 UTC 2010

> Actually there *is* DNSSEC involved or the query would not have
> failed.

Yes, sorry.  I meant to imply that there is no DNSSEC involved beyond
the verification of the covering NSEC that proves the lack of a DLV
record.

> There is a bug in the BIND 9.7.0-P1 fixes that triggers this.  The
> fix below is in review at the moment.

Interesting - so it sounds like the problems I was seeing with 9.7.0
were probably unrelated.

The patch certainly seems to fix the issue with www.bbc.net.uk.  I'll
run with it for a few days and see if the .org issue I was having
earlier recurs.

Thanks,

    -roy