Implementing the bogon list

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 03:41:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

>> I think that's really designed for router ACL's.
>
> Not exclusively, hence
> http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bind-template.html

Yes,. that's exactly where I found the reference, and have known about
it for years but only now want to try and make use of it to reduce any
load from the servers that I possibly can.

There isn't any immediate threat or concern about my border network,
outside of the constant security vigilance that I like to maintain.

> you'll find the aggregated version of the bogon list at
> http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-bn-agg.txt

Ah,. I was expecting it to be a lot more involved than that, I guess.

> options {
>        blackhole {
>                # echo <bogons> |perl -nle 'print "\t\t$_;";'
>                0.0.0.0/8;
>                5.0.0.0/8;
[...]

Perfect, thanks.