Implementing the bogon list

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 20:27:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm interested in implementing an updated Cymru bogon list, but would
like some examples on how best to do this. Much of my searching has
resulted in old configurations that weren't complete and seemed to
contain errors.

Where is the best place to go to find a template on how best to do
this? I understand it's a combination of creating a zone with the IP
ranges in an ACL, but which IPs should actually go in that ACL? There
is a list of four or five different sets here:

http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-dd.html

Is there an actual zone file with the contents of these IPs, or is it
all implemented by listing them in the ACL in named.conf?

Once I've implemented it in bind, could it then be used somehow at
smtp connect time to reject spoofed connections? How exactly do you
use it?

Thanks,
Alex