Forwarded PTR records not working properly

Gary Wallis wgg1970 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 15:00:05 UTC 2010

Hope this is helpful:

Your d.c.b.a.in-addr.arpa zone may not have the correct data in it.
Since dig shows no answer for that specific query.

If you have not already learn how to use:

named-checkconf
named-checkzone

Check your named.conf and all files therein included, then check again.
(Make sure your zone db file serial number is incremented on every change.)

Then rndc reload when needed...etc..

"Dear Watson, I believe that the problem lies with one or more passive
and/or active components plus user error." (Slow day, what can I say :)

Cheers!
Gary

--
AM Support Staff.