DHCP3-Server doesn't request a zone update

Markus Feldmann feldmann_markus at gmx.de
Tue Sep 29 09:08:10 UTC 2009

Hi All,

i am trying to get my Debian Lenny Server running with DNS, DHCP, NFS
and CUPS. My DNS- and DHCP-Server is up and running, but it seems that
my DDNS doesn't work. I am using DCHP-Server version 3.1.1-6+lenny and
BIND9.5.1.dfsg.P3-1.

My client is debian Lenny too and it gets an IP address. In my syslog
doesn't appear anything about update, neither a bad authentication failure.

DHCP-Message: http://pastebin.com/f7d58374c

BIND-Message: http://pastebin.com/f454caea4

I have the following zones:
/etc/bind/db.0 http://pastebin.com/f26a4806c
/etc/bind/db.0.168.192 http://pastebin.com/f46bea99f
/etc/bind/db.127 http://pastebin.com/f46274954
/etc/bind/db.255 http://pastebin.com/f2964bcfb
/etc/bind/db.empty http://pastebin.com/f4200b48a
/etc/bind/db.feldland.lan http://pastebin.com/f29730d7b
/etc/bind/db.local http://pastebin.com/f2544b7d0
/etc/bind/db.root http://pastebin.com/f20495a56
/etc/bind/named.conf http://pastebin.com/f2dedcf9b
/etc/bind/named.conf.local http://pastebin.com/f1af6572c
/etc/bind/named.conf.options http://pastebin.com/f2c984150
/etc/bind/zones.rfc1918 http://pastebin.com/f514d44ff

Config of my DHCP-Server:
/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf http://pastebin.com/f56522701

There was a Permission denied message, which i already solved, by
changing the permissions.

When my client connects to my DHCP-Server, the server shall update the
zone of my client, but there is no message conataining the word update.

Has someone any idea ?

regards Markus