SERVFAIL on Dig DKIM Record

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Thu Sep 24 16:14:53 UTC 2009

pdns1.ultradns.net is returning the SERVFAIL:

$ dig bh._domainkey.edweek.org any @pdns1.ultradns.net

; <<>> DiG 9.3.0 <<>> bh._domainkey.edweek.org any @pdns1.ultradns.net
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 384
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

I get the same thing for other types too (NS, TXT).

So, either it's a problem that ultradns.net needs to correct, or the
user gave you the wrong information.

                                             - Kevin