Class B Rev Zone?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Sep 17 12:34:05 UTC 2009

On 17.09.09 14:20, stefan novak wrote:
> is it possible to make a Class B net with one zone file?
> I've configured it like this.

[...]
> zone "64.10.in-addr.arpa" {
[...]
> 1.1       IN PTR  dialin00bru1.xxxx.at.
> 1.2       IN PTR  dialin00bru2.xxxx.at.
> 2.1       IN PTR  dialin00bru3.xxxx.at.

yes, it's possible. However that would be a HUGE zone and if you made any
mistake, the whole zone would not be accepted and updated. Those are reasons
you better should split it into /24 alias C-class zones.

> After restarting everything works as expected. But changing/adding an
> PTR record, increasing the serial number and reload (killall -HUP
> named)

"rndc reload 64.10.in-addr.arpa" should do the job and only it (won't
reload all other zones).

> bind don't result in a reload of the zone... Is this because of
> the Class B or did i make another mistake?

How long did you wait until you queried the server?
And, did you query THIS server?

What do logs say?

BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease