slave server

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Sep 11 12:45:50 UTC 2009

On 11.09.09 00:21, Riccardo wrote:
> 1- If I query to this server "example.com"  (it's authoritative for
> this domain) server first tries to retrieves info from its zone file
> (zone.db, which has copied from master) or from its cache ?

from the zone as/if it was loaded/transferred. It's not cache, nor the zone
file (the zone will be saved to a file but it will only be read on restart).

> 2- if I query to this server external domain, it will forward request
> to serverA ?

if you allowed recursion, yes.

> 3- This server will work acting as also caching server ?

unless you turned off caching...

> 4- If serverA doesn't know query answer, this server will return
> domain "domain is not exist" ?

what do you mean "query answer"? You server will send what it has in the
cache or what will serverA return, or an error if serverA is not accessible.

Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot
Send this email to 100 your friends - let them see what an idiot you are