ISC BIND 9.7.0b1 is now available

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Wed Oct 28 22:11:21 UTC 2009

> Will you be adding RSASHA256 support in the 9.5.x and 9.6.x series? It
> might be a bit optimistic to expect everyone to move to 9.7.x by 2010-07-01,
> if that's when the root zone is going to be *really* signed (with RSASHA256,
> according to current reports).

Not 9.5.x, as it lacks NSEC3 support.

Adding SHA-2 to 9.6.x would violate our policy of making major
functional changes only in major releases, so I don't expect we'll
do that.  Given the odd circumstances you mentioned, I won't say for
certain that we won't--but I doubt it.

9.7.0 is going to be final in a little over a month, which is fortunate
timing.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.