Name server names

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Oct 16 15:10:49 UTC 2009

Curious - We have name servers in our primary domain so those are the
FQDN names we put at Registrar and at network provider.

Is there any reason we can't also have separate external IPs and names
pointing to the same DNS servers for our separate domains (NATted in of
course)?   That is to say does DNS care what the actual hostname of the
DNS server is or does it only use the lookups to determine this
information?