Query Refused problem

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Oct 1 17:10:55 UTC 2009

Funny enough, I did not have any allow-query at all, but adding
allow-query {any;} did indeed change the behavior. But allow-query-cache
obviously defaults to localhost, localnets and was triggering the
behavior that confused me.

Inbetween I overhauled the config, setting all the options explicitly
where needed, instead of building on default behavior and everything
works as expected now. Lessen learned: Ignore defaults, always set
things as YOU want them to be :-).

Thanks for your reply though.

Regards

-Sven