Forwarding updates between views

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Mon Nov 23 17:05:49 UTC 2009

On Nov 22, 2009, at 7:23 PM, Chris Hills wrote:
On 22/11/09 21:01, Chris Buxton wrote:
>> Change the zone from type forward to type slave, and add allow-update-forwarding.
>>
>> zone "dyn.example.com." {
>> 	type slave;
>> 	masters { ::1; };
>> 	allow-update-forwarding { local-networks; };
>> };
>>
>> Then in the external-in view, change allow-update to:
>>
>> 	allow-update { ::1; };
>
> Great, works like a charm... but... the update log only records ::1 as the source and not the original address. Is it possible to keep that?

The internal-in view should have some log entry of the forwarded update. I'm not sure what category or severity level that would be, though.

Of course, if you were to start using signed updates (either TSIG or GSS-TSIG), you would know what key was used.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice