Insecure response BIND 9.7.0b2

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Thu Nov 19 21:51:01 UTC 2009

> So what are you suggesting? That a dlv.isc.org server went ape and
> returned an insecure response for (IN,SOA,dlv.isc.org)? Or that the
> user is under attack with faked responses?

I don't think anyone was suggesting anything, just explaining what the
message means.  Which is that isc.org has a secure delegation (that is,
a DS record) for dlv.isc.org, but for some reason a query for
dlv.isc.org/SOA got a response with no signatures.  Possibly
there's a misbehaving middlebox involved.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.