BIND Secondaries of MS AD Integrated Zones

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Wed Nov 18 05:10:36 UTC 2009

On Nov 17, 2009, at 8:27 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:

> multi-master true; still assumes correct zone serial number
> maintenance.  It just prevents the warnings about serial number
> going backwards which is a normal side effect of having multiple
> masters vs a master with multiple addresses.

OK, wow. I thought it was intended to permit a DR primary master, with radically different data, to take over in the event of a failure of the main primary master.

My mistake, I guess. How would one handle switchover to a DR primary master? 'rndc retransfer' on all slaves?

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice