One A record fails on one server on Sunday evening

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Mon Nov 2 14:59:35 UTC 2009

I have two servers that users query that as as cache servers.

The server having the problem is CentOS 4.4 running bind 9.2.4

The second server configured similarly is CentOS 3.9 also running bind
9.2.4.

There is one A record on Godaddy's DNS servers that fails look ups on the
4.4 server start around 7PM EST Sunday.  I have been able to solve this each
Monday morning by issuing the commands (rndc reload && /etc/init.d/named
restart).

I have not had to do this on the second 3.9 server.

I am looking for any suggestions or ideas to help fix this issue.  Thanks in
advance!

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

"When you have eliminated the impossible, that which remains, however
improbable, must be the truth."
--- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle