multiple internal views not working

Paul Krash pkrash at exegy.com
Mon Nov 2 14:57:40 UTC 2009

Morning!

I have been struggling with getting two internal views to work on three
BIND servers running on Ubuntu Linux 8.04.2 x64
( kernel 2.6.24-23-server ) for two straight working days
(OK, I have other projects too. :-)

Scope: present different CNAMES and A records to one subnet
(10.x.D.0/24) and another for all remaining (10.x.0.0/16)

This will allow my .5 subnet to automount NFS via UDP
without jiggering the network infrastructure (routers and switches).
NFS and NIS servers are homed on multiple networks
(.A.x/24, .B.x/24, .D.x/24)

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated (virtual beer and
libations are on the way) in finding a working config example.

I have read the ARMs, searched Google and communities, no joy.

I apologize in advance if there is a well known fount of this knowledge,
you know how it is, being a sys/sec/net admin at a dynamically changing
technology company :-)

Best,

Paul Krash
Sys/Sec/Net Administrator
Exegy, Inc.
pkrash at exegy.com

This e-mail and any documents accompanying it may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information belonging to Exegy, Inc. Such information may be protected from disclosure by law. The information is intended for use by only the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or use of the information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender by e-mail or phone regarding instructions for return or destruction and do not use or disclose the content to others.