BIND Slave Server won't update zones

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Tue May 19 16:44:09 UTC 2009

On May 19, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Boris Dimitrov wrote:
> I want to have full automatic transfer from master to slave ,
> if I create slave zones manual it's not a problem for master to update
> them, but i want to do this automatic if it is possible ?
>
> Can anybody help me with this ?
>
> I googled around but not found any helpful answer.
> Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english.

BIND does not do this by itself. You must either configure slave zones
manually or add some extra software to handle this for you. There are
some notes in the list archives regarding how to script this and make
it fairly automatic, and there are also plenty of third party
solutions, both free and commercial, to take care of this for you.

Men & Mice offers one such commercial solution.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice