socket.c:4524: unexpected error

WPPi Photo wppiphoto at wppi.com
Tue May 12 00:00:42 UTC 2009

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Sat, 9 May 2009, WPPi Photo wrote:
>

>> I've been seeing more and more of the following errors in all of our name
>> servers running Bind 9.4.3-2 on CentOS 5.3 servers:
>>

> Is that a CentOS or Red Hat package? Can you provide the spec files for
> it?

It's actually a RPM package that is provided by another vendor that we
use on all of our name servers (which run on either CentOS 4.7 (kernel
2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) or CentOS 5.3 (kernel 2.6.18-128.1.10.el5 and
kernel 2.6.24-23-xen)).

I wasn't able to get a spec file from the rpm and the vendor doesn't
offer a SRPM. Does it help if I provide you with a link to the rpm
package? Here it is:

http://www.psoft.net/shiv/HS/RHES5/hsphere-bind-9.4.3-2.rpm

thx,

SW