Delegation not working

Todd Snyder tsnyder at rim.com
Thu May 7 19:28:06 UTC 2009

+trace forces the server to go to the root.  It doesn't necessarily
represent the path your query would normally take.  If the server you
are querying is authoritative for the zone you are querying, it will
still trace from the root.  This feature is, sadly, not as useful in an
internal DNS configuration, where recursion from the root isn't used.
That seems to be the situation you're in (not able to reach the root)

At least, that is my interpretation of it.

Todd.