config for views

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Fri Mar 27 02:36:54 UTC 2009

dev_null at zoho.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to config a named for two networks, using the view.
> for example, neta is for internal users, netb is for any other users.
> I got the named.conf below, do you have any suggestion on it? thanks.
>

> options {
>       directory "/usr/local/bind";
>       recursion no;
>       zone-statistics yes;
>       statistics-file "/usr/local/bind/var/named.stats";
> };
>
> view "neta" {
>       match-clients { someip; };
>
>       zone "test.a.com" {
>            type master;
>            file "/usr/local/bind/etc/test.a.com.neta.db";
>       };
> };
>
> view "netb" {
>       match-clients { any; };
>
>       zone "test.a.com" {
>            type master;
>            file "/usr/local/bind/etc/test.a.com.netb.db";
>       };
> };
>
> key "rndc-key" {
>       algorithm hmac-md5;
>       secret "*****************";
> };
>
> controls {
>       inet 127.0.0.1 port 953
>               allow { 127.0.0.1; } keys { "rndc-key"; };
> };
That's the general idea, yes, but "someip" can't be used literally
unless it's defined as an ACL somewhere else in the config, of course,
and "recursion no" in "options" means that *neither* of these views can
be used for your own clients (including perhaps the nameserver itself)
to resolve any names outside of the test.a.com zone.

                        - Kevin