DNS Appliance

Fr34k freaknetboy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 18:45:15 UTC 2009

Our experience with blue(s)cat was not a good one.

That product would sporadically lose all of our zones.
Vendor blamed us (so did our angry customers).

Thing was, no one was in the office. We came into work one morning to phones ringing -- no DNS.
DNS because master config was empty. FTW?

Might be an okay product now if you need an applicance to manage 10 zones by one person.

To be fair to the vendor, this was a few years ago. Things may have improved by now (?)

HTH