Make changes en mass

Lakes, Dale Dale.Lakes at AntaresSolutions.com
Tue Mar 24 17:55:17 UTC 2009

Be very careful (test, test, test) before using in production, but
something like:

for file in *.db
> do
> sed -i-03242009 "s/1200/2419200/g" $file
> done

should work.

I'm making a couple of assumptions:
1) all of your zone database files end in .db
2) the -i flag is supported in Solaris sed (I don't know)
3) you want to make backup files with today's date appended
4) the integer representing seconds to expire (1200 in the example) only
appears once in each zone file (grep to be sure).

Hope this helps.

Dale Lakes
Antares Management Solutions