Server names for query

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Mar 24 16:07:43 UTC 2009

On 23.03.09 17:20, Kevin Darcy wrote:
> For the *initial* NS query, I believe BIND will resolve those names down
> to a flat set of addresses, all of which have equal chance of being
> tried, so, yes, if a given NS name resolves to more addresses than other
> names, it is more likely to be tried on the initial NS query.

Btw how does BIND send notifies? does it send them to _any_ of those IP
addresses? Some RFCs in the past iirc assumed that one name with multiple
IPs is one multihomed host, which could lead to assumption that it's enough
to query one of those IP's.

I believe it's not true.
Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot
Send this email to 100 your friends - let them see what an idiot you are