query (cache) 'coriander.plus.com/A/IN' denied

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Mar 20 17:15:11 UTC 2009

We had need to continue to have the MX record a domain we acquired point
to an external location.   The MX record was modified and the email
continued to work.  I did see odd lookups in the logs but disregarded
them as they were failures - it looked like the target mail server was
the one trying to query us though I could see no reason for it.  As it
didn't impeded mail flow to/from that target mail server I ignored the
messages.

Earlier this week we changed the MX record back to our mail server but
that was only because we no longer needed to allow access to the
original rather than due to any problem.