BIND 9.6.0-P1

Carl Fretwell carl at growstudio.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 14:16:51 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone

I have installed BIND 9.6.0-P1 on a Windows Server 2003 x64 system but when I come to start the "ISC BIND" service I always get a 1067 error which I read somewhere was due to permissions so made sure the user account password etc was correct still didn't fix the issue.

Sometimes the exe actually crashes and I get an "unknown exception"

The only way I can get bind to start successfully is with named.exe -f -c c:\bind9\etc\named.conf

Could anyone tell me what this could be? It works fine on 32 bit systems but I've had bind running before on x64.

Regards

Carl