No name resolution when slave is down

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Mar 20 12:01:09 UTC 2009

More data will need to be known.  Where is the master and where is the
slave, in the same subnet, or elsewhere?

Were you previously getting any queries against the master at all,
look in your logs?

Are you sure your domains NS records even point to the master server?
If the master is replying, and you are sure the answer is coming from
the master, and not somewhere else, then I would look to make sure the
domains are set up correct with the registrar pointing to the correct
NS's.