Question about GENERATE

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Mar 14 00:59:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

A question about "$GENERATE", what I'm looking for though is if there's
an option or some way that if an entry is manually made, it will be used
in place of the "generated" entry, at present lookups will return both.

I'm trying to see where we can have-

$GENERATE 1-254 $.9 PTR cpe-9-$.qld.guilty_party.removed

..... and if a client wishes custom rDNS we can insert-

123.9    PTR    foo.example.com

and where foo.example.com would be the _only_ response from DNS...

(I'm trying to avoid using a smaller generate range if I can)

I'm assuming thats not possible, or at least not right now anyway, am I
correct ?

Thanks
Noel