SERVFAIL debugging

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Fri Mar 13 21:43:45 UTC 2009

At Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:31:37 -0400,
R Dicaire <kritek at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Please try 9.6.1b1, which we expect to be released next week.  It has a
> > new experimental feature just for that purpose:
>
> Is this feature going to be back ported to 9.4 and 9.5 releases as well?

For 9.5, yes.  For 9.4, not according to the current plan.

Note also that this is a "new" "experimental" feature.  So far, we've
only included a new feature in a .0 release, so this logging feature
would only appear in 9.7.0.  We're now trying to seek an intermediate
path, considering the tradeoff between the plus of providing useful
features for older versions and the risk of introducing instability to
maintenance release.  So, we may even remove this feature from the final
release of 9.6.1 if we find significant regression with it through
the beta cycle.  On the other hand, we may include it to the next
version of 9.4 if we find it very useful and can be sure that it does
no harm.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.