rDNS for /20

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Fri Mar 13 20:34:21 UTC 2009

On Thursday 12 March 2009 11:23 pm, Doug Barton wrote:

> It would help if you described in more detail what you've tried, and
> what is confusing you.

Haven't tried anything yet; still waiting for the assignment to us.  I
was hoping to get a headstart on understanding the job.

> > I'm trying to set up a reverse delegation to two nameservers for a
> > /20.
>
> The easiest way to do this is to set it up as 16 /24s. Are you trying
> to do something different?

Only "difference" is that all I need to do is set up the nameserver
assignment; I don't have to do the actual rDNS.  Why are we doing it at
all?  Because the gent I'm doing it for wants himself in the middle.

> > Netmask is 255.255.240.0 (I think).
>
> I'm not sure why you're mentioning this, is there some relevance to
> what you're trying to do?

I'm not sure either; I was just covering bases <smile>.

It does.  Thanks!

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA  92517