question about CNAME

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Mar 11 08:04:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 03:46:14PM +0800,
 tzqian <gelenbertang at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 148 lines which said:

> How can I config a zone to respose a CNAME record?
>
> Such as
>
> Email  cname email.xx.xxx.com

Your message is very difficult to understand but you are close. Just
do not forget the dot at the end of the right-hand-side name, since I
assume it is in another zone:

Email  cname email.xx.xxx.com.

Or, in more canonical form (but names are case-insensitive)

email CNAME email.xx.xxx.com.

> The zone of cname email.xx.xxx.com should be config for it,but how
> to do it ,I add an A record to email.xx.xxx.com ,but it dosen't
> work.

Sorry, but I cannot parse that sentence. I suggest to post instead
actual configuration (with real names) and actual results, not vague
summaries like "it doesn't work".