RHEL and named with DLZ

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Mar 6 05:47:07 UTC 2009

Hello, I am trying to get named with DLZ on RHEL.

My build line is below, I can start named, and I have base configured
it so that it will return a lookup for `dig example.com @localhost
+norec` which returns a custom IP I put in to make sure it is really
working.

So far, I know named is working.

I added in dlz "Mysql zone" { ... }

rndc and restarting named all work fine, no errors that I can see.
But in a successful build on OS X, I was getting a line in the log for
named that said"
'Mysql zone' using driver mysql

I do not get that on RHEL, and I am not getting answers back for my
test zones I have in the database.  MySql is running, I know that much.

Any suggestions?

built with 	'--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
		'--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
		'--target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
		'--program-prefix='
		'--prefix=/usr'
		'--exec-prefix=/usr'
		'--bindir=/usr/bin'
		'--sbindir=/usr/sbin'
		'--sysconfdir=/etc'
		'--datadir=/usr/share'
		'--includedir=/usr/include'
		'--libdir=/usr/lib64'
		'--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
		'--sharedstatedir=/usr/com'
		'--mandir=/usr/share/man'
		'--infodir=/usr/share/info'
		'--with-libtool'
		'--localstatedir=/var'
		'--enable-threads'
		'--enable-ipv6'
		'--with-pic'
		'--disable-static'
		'--disable-openssl-version-check'
		'--with-dlz-ldap=yes'
		'--with-dlz-postgres=yes'
		'--with-dlz-mysql=yes'
		'--with-dlz-filesystem=yes'
		'--with-gssapi=yes'
		'--disable-isc-spnego'
		'CFLAGS= -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -
fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic'
'CPPFLAGS= -DDIG_SIGCHASE' 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-
D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-
size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic' 'FF