Unable to resolve visitriverside.com

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Mar 3 20:31:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 08:58:28AM -0800,
 Scott Baker <bakers at web-ster.com> wrote
 a message of 18 lines which said:

> I am unable to resolve visitriverside.com with my Bind 9 server. I
> don't have any problems resolving other domains, it just appears to
> be this host.

visitriverside.com is highly broken: it has two name servers, which
are in another domain and there is no address for these name servers:

% dig +short NS visitriverside.com
ns1.ironhotsites.com.
ns2.ironhotsites.com.
% dig +short A ns2.ironhotsites.com.
% dig +short A ns1.ironhotsites.com.
%

Running dig without +short shows that there is a NXDOMAIN for these
two names.

So, it is not surprising if it does not work.