Bind9.3.5 or 6 on ubuntu

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Sat Jun 27 13:08:22 UTC 2009

I wrote:
>         The present package for bind under ubuntu Linux is
> bind9.5. This is great and I am not complaining at all but all
> the rest of our bind servers are FreeBSD and using 9.3.5, soon
> to be 9.3.6.
Make that 9.5 now. I failed to catch that 9.3x had died at the
end of December.

	I installed 9.5 on a FreeBSD6.3 system and it reports
that it is running and all the logs look quite normal except for
this 1 entry:

Jun 27 07:42:50 dc named[21227]: errno2result.c:111: unexpected error:
Jun 27 07:42:50 dc named[21227]: unable to convert errno to isc_result: 45:
 Operation not supported

	How serious is this? What likely isn't working as things
look quite normal on this test system?

	rndc works and the status shows exactly the same output
I used to see in 9.3.6.

	Thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer