Trouble With One Domain

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Jun 26 17:37:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 06:24:06PM +0100,
 Andy Shellam <andy-lists at networkmail.eu> wrote
 a message of 24 lines which said:

> I've used domain checking tools before that check that the master
> server in the SOA record is actually valid, and judging by the error
> message returned by zonecheck.fr, that's what it's doing.

NO, NO, NO. As I already said on the list and as the OP tested himself
with other zones, it is not the problem.

The problem (NS going to CNAME) was properly identified by Hauke Lampe
very soon in the thread. Read it.

> "Unable to find primary nameserver (SOA)"

Well, the error message could be better, that's sure...