SPF/TXT records

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Thu Jun 18 16:15:57 UTC 2009

It is all too easy for mail marked as from one of your domains to be
forwarded out the other mail server, if your internal mail server lets
every server inside forward mail (e.g., error messages) to it.  Unless
you personally set up mail on all servers, in which case you are a
bottleneck.  I have a similar thing happening when folks from one domain
send e-mail to an old-fashioned alias that just re-sends to all other
members of that alias - and the mail gets rejected by SPF.  This is not
good, and if I don't have control of the originators' SPF records,
unsolveable.

--
**