dynamic update for views

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Sun Jun 14 14:08:45 UTC 2009

On Jun 13, 2009, at 9:02 PM, Tech W. wrote:
> I know how to dynamic update on a basic named config.
> but my named has views setup, how to dynamic update the records to
> each view?
> Can you point to me some resources? Thanks.

Each view is essentially a separate server. Therefore, to update the
data in each view, send updates to each view - one update per view.
Updates are matched to views the same way that queries are - by source
IP address, destination IP address, or TSIG key, depending on your
match-* statements.

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice