querylog entries

Jeremy C. Reed jreed at isc.org
Fri Jun 12 22:24:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, R Dicaire wrote:

> Hi folks, just upgraded from 9.4x to 9.6.1, and looking at my
> query.log I'm seeing entries appended with -EC, -ED , -EDC, etc.
> What does this indicate, and where can I read up on what they mean?

Hi, I am just copying and pasting from the great ARM which is included
with BIND:

	 The query log entry reports the client's IP address and
	 port number, and the query name, class and type.  It also
	 reports whether the Recursion Desired flag was set (+ if
	 set, - if not set), if the query was signed (S), EDNS was
	 in use (E), if DO (DNSSEC Ok)  was set (D), or if CD
	 (Checking Disabled) was set (C).

Jeremy C. Reed
ISC

echo ... naq ninvynoyr va cevagrq obbx sbezng. | \
 tr "noqrsvxyzabcegi" "abdefiklmnoprtv"