zone transfers

Michael Milligan milli at acmeps.com
Thu Jun 4 01:32:50 UTC 2009

Michael Di Martino wrote:

> I have a Master BIND9 server with 2 active (up) interfaces eth0 and eth1.
>
> I need my zone update notifications and zone transfer to use eth1
> instead of eth0 which is currently using.
>
> How can I change this behavior while still having the server listen on
> eth0?

Given your problem statement (incompletely supplied), the only answer
for you is to change the system routing table(s) to suite your needs.
BIND9 has no control over that, only what interfaces to listen on and
what source addresses to use for various activities (listen-on,
query-source, transfer-source, notify-source, and friends.)

Regards,
Mike

Michael Milligan                                   -> milli at acmeps.com