idsable ipv6 in config?

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Thu Jul 30 18:16:59 UTC 2009

Mark Andrews wrote:

> 	::/0 -> NULL
> 	ULA::/48 -> default router
>
> 	Would allow ula local traffic but catch the rest.  this is
> 	a example only.

Yes, but it also applies to the entire server, and doesn't differentiate
between locally initiated queries and answer.

BTW, it seems like a waste of resources if bind has to try to send a
packet first (and I suppose at least for each server once?) rather than
doing the right thing (i.e. what the config says) straight away.

Best,
Gilles