AW: Creating a CNAME to another domain.

Melbinger Christian Christian.Melbinger at wienit.at
Wed Jul 29 07:59:58 UTC 2009

wait, wait, thats not true (or at least, I find your post rather confusing)

a DNAME maps whole domains, not just single records. you can map mydomain.com to otherdomain.com. this would act like, say dumping the otherdomain zonefile into the mydomain file.

if you want to make a cname for mydomain.com, I just read on the net that you'll have to set up a non-authorative domain .com and add the cname there... hm... gonna try this out at home, but that solution sounds as if it could work...

---
Christian Melbinger
Netzwerk & Security

WienIT EDV Dienstleistungsgesellschaft mbH & Co KG
A-1120 Wien, Hetzendorfer Straße 30-32
tel: +43 (1) 90405 6702
fax: +43 (1) 90405 88 6700