bind9 behind firewall stopped responding

Peter Macko peter_macko at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 18:00:24 UTC 2009

I have a master DNS (bind9) for a domain. It was working until I put it behind firewall on a DMZ private subnet. It is setup in the way that from internet the DNS maintains its original IP address, that is SAT translated by firewall to the DMZ private subnet. I allowed ports 53 TCP/UDP. Should I allow other ports? The IP address of the DNS server was changed by putting it on DMZ private subnet, could be this the problem? Any ideas?

For testing, I have used some free dns report webpage, ... it is saying that my DNS is not responding.

Maybe I am asking something obvious, but I have to solve this until tommorow and I do not know where to start looking.

Than you a lot,
Peter